The Lner Community Stadium will host Brentford taking on Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Game Week 19 of the English Premier League. Wolves are coming off a fresh win over Chelsea on Christmas Eve. Sit back and relax as we and the AI predict the winner of this game at the end of 90 minutes.
Brentford Recent form
Brentford will have 10 days to reflect on their 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa, as Manchester City’s participation in the Club World Cup will delay their next match. This defeat extends Brentford’s losing streak in the Premier League to three matches, their worst run since April.
Keane Lewis-Potter, a former Hull City player, scored his first goal of the season to give Brentford the lead against Aston Villa. However, the game took a turn when Ben Mee was sent off in the second half. Aston Villa took advantage of the situation and scored late goals through Alex Moreno and Ollie Watkins, who celebrated his goals against his previous team.
Brentford’s recent form in the Premier League has been poor, with five losses in their last six matches. This has left them nervously looking over their shoulders at the relegation zone, with Luton Town just seven points behind them.
The absence of their top scorer from last season, Ivan Toney, has put more pressure on Bryan Mbeumo to score goals. Mbeumo is currently leading Brentford’s scoring charts with seven goals, while no other player has managed more than three goals so far.
Despite tough matches against Aston Villa and Arsenal in the past month, Brentford have shown their ability to win at home, as demonstrated in their 3-1 victory over Luton Town on December 2, where Shandon Baptiste scored his second Premier League goal.
Wolverhampton Wanderers Recent form
Wolves once again demonstrated their ability to perform well on important occasions at Molineux as they defeated Chelsea on Christmas Eve. This win, their third against top teams this season, puts them level on points with Chelsea and with a 10-point advantage over relegation-zone contenders Luton. Despite their recent struggles in away games, Wolves will now focus on improving their results on the road during the busy festive period.
Brentford vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Key Stats
- Brentford has struggled against Wolves in recent encounters, with their only win in the past eight league games being a 2-0 victory at Molineux in September 2021 (D2, L5).
- Despite their home advantage, the Londoners have not secured a win in their last four home league fixtures against Wolves (D2, L2).
- Brentford’s form has dipped significantly, losing five of their last six league games after a promising start to the season where they only lost three of their opening 11 matches.
- The club faces the risk of a four-match losing streak in the Premier League for the first time since a record five consecutive defeats from January to February 2022, with the potential fourth loss coming against Wolves at home.
- Brentford’s recent home form shows a decline, having lost three of their last six home league games, equalling the number of defeats they faced in their previous 27 matches at the Gtech Community Stadium.
- Wolves’ struggles away from home are evident with 12 losses in their last 16 top-flight away games (D2, L12), including the past four consecutive losses, highlighting their challenges on the road.
AI Predicts Winner of Brentford vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
We gave the stats, recent head-to-head game facts, and current form of both the teams to Natural Language processing AIs (ChatGpt and Bard), and here are the results.
“Considering the recent struggles of both teams, it seems like a closely contested match. However, based on Brentford’s historical performance at home against Wolves and their previous victory at Molineux, they might hold a slight advantage. Yet, Wolves’ away struggles could present an opportunity for Brentford, making the outcome uncertain and dependent on game-day performances.”
“Wolves’ abysmal away form (12 losses in 16) vs. Brentford’s home struggles (lost 3 of 6) and recent slipups (lost 5 of 6) tip the scales for a narrow Wolves win, despite their London struggles.”
Our Experts Predict Winner of Brentford vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
Brentford will be eager to move on from their defeat to Aston Villa after enjoying an unusual 10-day break over the holiday season. However, the lack of Mee’s presence might weaken their defensive capabilities. Wolves, who triumphed over Chelsea on Christmas Eve, are likely to arrive in the city with a strong sense of confidence. We believe that the potential comeback of Neto could contribute to a high-scoring draw for O’Neil’s team.
If you like this, do give it a like and comment on your views. Thanks for stopping by.